Quotes:“Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the
whole staircase, just take the first step.”
– Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.“We don’t know who we are until we see what we can do.”– Martha Grimes_____________________________
The Power of Small Steps
Everything starts with an idea.
Your future will be-it must and can only be–what you imagine for yourself.
Thoughts and words have the power to move us, to change us, and to become living, breathing, tangible things!
But there is a gulf between an idea and its fulfillment.
That gap can only be bridged with daily
Here are some basics, some essentials to make your dreams
1. Plan your days. Every evening, plan the following day.
First thing in the morning, plot your priorities. Leaders
have always done this! This is not new! But only about 4%
of the population does it. Write down your priorities and
choose your daily actions. In advance. Every day.
2. Keep a list of big things. On your desk or on the
dashboard of your car, keep a list of your most important
projects, goals and commitments. Keep it where you see it,
and read it, every day. Keep it current. What we think
about, gets done.
3. Keep a list of small things. Keep a list of 5-minute
tasks, phone calls or notes that you can do any place, any
time. When you wait for an appointment, make that call.
When you have a minute, send a note or read a few pages.
Always know “what’s next” and take lots of small, effective
actions, every single day.
4. Take magnificent care of yourself! Healthy, happy,
energetic people get the most done. It takes time and
energy to achieve greatness. If you “don’t have time”, or
are “too tired” or too distracted or too busy with small
things, you will not achieve your dreams. Take care of
yourself. Manage your life.
We’ve all heard the phrase, “Rome wasn’t built in a day.”
We know that “a journey of a thousand miles starts with a
single step,” and we’ve heard the Serenity Prayer that God,
“Give me the courage to change the things I can.”
You cannot often achieve great things over-night because in
general, human beings do not do “big” things. We do little
things. We get up, we go to work. We hug our loved ones and
make phone calls. We check email, exercise and fix dinner.
We do little things! Highly successful people simply do the right little things, at the right time, in the right way–and they do lots of them.
If you would achieve great things, do little things and
pile them one on top of another, until you reach the stars. Start today.
The Power of Small Steps
Recent Blog Posts
- Pesticide in your food Report: Clean 15 and Dirty Dozen
- Living Daily Health: Your Diet can Effect our Environment
- Questions everyone should ask their Yoga Teacher Trainer before signing up
- Yoga Teaching Mentorship Program: The only one like it in San Diego
- Living Daily Health: A Talk about Fermented Foods with Health Coach Alana Bray Barrey
be conscious. breathe easy. shine bright.